UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017 Notification
Union Public Service Commission has earlier issued a notification to invite applications for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination through the official website www.upsc.gov.in. As a result, a large number of candidates applied for the for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination. Now the applicants who applied for the IAS and UPSC exams can download their UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017 from the official website which will be updated shortly. The candidates are requested to stay connected with the official website of Union Public Service Commission www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017 Notification Details
Name of the Organisation: Union Public Service Commission
Category: Cental Govt Jobs
Total Number of Vacancies: Various
Name of the IAS Examination: Preliminary or CSAT or Prelims Exam, Main Exam
Location: Across India
Date of the Exam: Update Shortly
Release Date of Admit Card: Available Soon
Release Date of the Result: Update Later
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC Selection Process
The selection of the applicant who applied for the recruitment will be based on their performance in Preliminary Exam, Main Examination, And Personality Test or an interview conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus and Pattern
The UPSC IAS Examination consists of two papers, Paper 1 is General Studies with total 200 marks and Paper 2 is Aptitude Skill with total 200 marks. The exam is held in three phases.
Phase 1: Preliminary Examination or CSAT (Objective Section)
Topics in Paper-I
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science
Topics in Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
Phase 2: The Syllabus for the IAS Civil Sevices Main Examination (Subjective Section)
The exam consists of 9 Papers out of which 2 Papers are like Qualifying nature while the other seven are based on merit Ranking.
- Essay Can be Written in the medium or language of the candidate’s choice
- General Studies- I
(Indian Heritage and Culture,
History and Geography of the World and Society)
- General Studies- II
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- General Studies- III
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- General Studies- IV
(Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)
(Marks carried by General Studies was 4X250=1000)
- Optional Subject – Paper 1
- Optional Subject – Paper II
Phase 3: Interview (Vocal Section)
The Interview test will be of 275 Marks. The Total mark of the written examination is 1750 marks. The interview/ Personality Test will be The total 2025 Marks
How to Download the UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017
- Visit the official website of the Union Public Service Commission i.e., www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017
- Download it and take a print out of your UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017 for future use